12.17.2015

LAKE ENGALLS EQUALS LARCH HEAVEN





Very fall i always come across numerous pictures of the beautiful larch tree on FB, Twitter and Instragram from fellow hikers. But not once have i ever seen for myself their pure beauty.
This year changed that and it was about time.  I've been hiking since 2006 finally the long foolish Larch holdout ended.
My first adventure into larch territory was in the amazing Enchampments. My second adventure was the modest but short day hike to Lake Engalls.
If your a hiker or outdoor photographer Lake Engalls is a must.
The day my friend Hannah and I hiked the trail was not the best fall day to say the least but worth it all. 
We were hoping to catch the weather between storms and hoping we were far enough east the weather would hold out!
Not the case. I've never been so cold and wet, and I'm sure i can speak for Hannah also, as we got caught on the hike out in a blustery rain storm which blew down a few trees along the trail. 
All in all though, we discovered an amazing spot that we'll definitely have to explore in further detail in 2016.








Lake Engalls

Lake Engalls





























Links:
Washington Trail Association trail report
 Google Maps Seattle to trailhead
Info about Larches


No comments:

Post a Comment