7.31.2014

FAUNA OF MOUNT ADAMS





On our way climbing up Mt Adams, the wilderness beautifully produced blooming wildflowers everywhere. I had to reach in my pocket for the phone camera.
Several years ago a fire ripped through the lower part of the south climb trail. With the history of the wildfire and along with Mt Adams being in the eastern part of the Cascades the area wasn't abundant with plant life. Therefore i was able to take pictures of every kind of wildflowers i found alongside the trail.
Here they are in no random order. I used my trusty book "Plants of the Pacific Northwest Coast" as my plant I.D. helper. Mt Adams is a little bit too far east for this book hence the question mark for three plants i couldn't I.D.
If you know or maybe know the name please respond to my blog, thanks!!



ARCTIC LUPINE

SULFUR BUCKWHEAT
Not actual Buckwheat but is similar  as the flowers look the much alike.
ALPINE MARIPOSA LILY
The Spanish settlers named this flower after the butterfly, mariposa is Spanish for butterfly. Also called Sego Lily meaning edible bulb in native Shoshonean

ALPINE BUCKWHEAT

SUBALPINE DAISY


COMMON RED PAINTBRUSH

COASTAL PENSTEMON

?

HAIRY ROCKCRESS

?

?

SPREADING PHLOX
Phlox is Greek for Flame


No comments:

Post a Comment